Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Don't call me, please

I first noticed this in myself, and later read about it as a Millennial thing.

Apparently, Millennials hate phone calls.

I feel a nervous jab in my stomach whenever I have to answer a call.

I remember the time before the internet and smartphones; I remember the time without a phone in my pocket. I remember having to call my friend's house and show good etiquette in how I correspond with her parents.

But my generation also got heavily immersed in personal technology and appreciate being connected to our friends and family. Texts are a big part of it. We grew up being used to responding to texts at our own time. The immediacy of a phone call requires that we respond at someone else's clock.

Millennial entitlement or healthier space/time boundaries?

No comments:

Post a Comment